The Egyptian Market - Mısır Çarşısı - Spice Bazaar
The Egyptian Market - Mısır Çarşısı - Spice Bazaar is in Istanbul, Eminönü. It was commissioned by Mehmet the Fourth's mother, Hatica Turhan Sultan as a donation for Yeni Mosque. The construction was initiated with Architect Kasım Ağa and was completed in 1660 by Architect Mustafa Ağa. It has six gates and 86 shops. It has gained its recent look after 1943 restoration.
Though being smaller in surface than Kapalı Çarşı, it still is a place of interest where especially foreign tourists cannot afford to miss. Like in Kapalı Çarşı, two main gates of the Spice Bazaar connect Eminönü and Sultanhamam districts. Its gates at the side grant access to Yani Mosque, Tahtakale, Mercan, .yemiş Dock and Süpürgeciler.
While the world was just in the wake of turning to natural products, Anatolia, which has raised Herbalists, has been distributing for centuries the healing power of the plants through the Spice Bazaar.
The Egyptian Market - Mısır Çarşısı - Spice Bazaar which has "ranch-made" or "village-made" cheese for those who cannot adapt to a change is taste, sausages and beans on display, does not seem to be losing this traditional capacity for many more years to come.